- Shower - remove oils, sweat , residue, perfumes, soaps and body washes.
- Shave and exfoliate, at least 8 hours prior to receiving an airbrush tan. Do not exfoliate last minute, as it may cause a streaky finish on the skin. We recommend a non abrasive exfoliant, specifically the Infinity Sun Pineapple Enzyme Exfoliant. Salt or beaded exfoliants should be used 72 hours prior to airbrush tan.
- Manicures, pedicures, and waxing should be done prior to spray tanning, usually 24 hours before.
- No lotion or deodorant.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing. Avoid zippered garments, and red clothing as it may rub off or discolor the tan.
- Pat dry after showering, instead of rubbing.
- Immediately after tan avoid sweating and moisture until first shower. The longer you wait to shower, the longer the airbrush tan will last.
- Hydrate with water based moisturizers, preferably Infinity Sun Extenders.
- Avoid acne based products.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen because airbrush tans do not block from harmful UV rays.
ADDITIONAL SUNLESS GUIDELINES
The following products and procedures may not affect everyone equally. Here is an instructions list of factors to consider when a sunless tan goes awry - causing a light, blotchy or quickly fading result.
- Do not use anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin – accutane and salicylic acids may cause issues. Antibiotics and other medications that affect your skin may also alter your tan.
- Do not use anti-aging products.
- Do not use toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel in higher amounts
- Band-Aid or adhesive tape applied to skin will pull off the tan.
- Do not use bar soaps - especially deodorant or antibacterial varieties.
- Do not use BHA Products - Beta hydroxy acids, salicylic acids.
- Do not use body-hair bleach products.
- Do not use AHA products - Alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic, lactic, malic, citric and tartaric acids.
- Do not use insect spray, perfume, body spray - when applied directly onto skin, these elements can remove or fade the tan. As a substitute, we suggest to either spray clothing directly or disperse a "mist" of spray that you can walk through.
- A woman’s tan may develop differently during various hormonal changes; in the course of ovulation, menstruation or pregnancy. It may result as streaky, patchy, fade improperly or produce a lighter - or - no color outcome.
- Curél Lotion can unfavorably affect a sunless tan.
- Dove soap, Dove shower gel, Victoria’s Secrets, Bath & Body Works can accelerate a tan to fade faster on some customers.
- Do not use facial masks and exfoliating scrubs.
- Hair-inhibiting lotions (Jergens etc.) tend to make a sunless tan turn yellow.
- If you exercise and sweat heavily, your tan may fade more rapidly - especially in arm, knee and between breasts body-fold areas.
- During winter months, skin is often very dry which can make a tan expeditiously fade. We suggest applying Infinity Sun Extender hydrating moisturizer twice daily - directly on damp skin after showering and just before bedtime.
- Do not use wax or depilatory hair removal products (Nair, Veet, Neet etc.).
- Do not use pore type adhesive facial strips or “peel-off” masks.
- People with oily skin tend to develop a lighter tan than people with dry skin. While skin oils can coat the skin, dry skin absorbs products faster and can look darker.
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin) will cause faster fading.
- Shaving exfoliates your skin and can fade a tan. Do not use a dull razor, as it scrapes off more skin - and consequently - your tan. If shaving is necessary, we suggest using a sharp, clean razor along with a lubricating product. Hair conditioner works nicely and usually won’t interfere with your tan. To finish, wash off the conditioner.
- Do not use makeup-remover cleaning products or oils used to clean away eye makeup.
- Hot tubs or swimming pools contain chlorine that can act to bleach skin – thick, waterproof sunscreen lotions like Bullfrog can help protect skin. Long, hot baths can soften the skin and affect the tan on some people.
- Sweating feet inside footwear or behind knees and arm bends can fade a tan faster, or make the color look greenish or yellowish. Powder those areas with Gold Bond talcum powder.
- Do not bathe or shower using a loofah, scrub brush, exfoliating gloves or any other abrasive body cleansing item. Simply use your hands to gently wash your skin. Friction is a sunless tan killer.